Today every small minority of people wants dress in the clothing that appears in high-fashion magazines or on fashion-show runways. Perfect for every family member, the leathery coat goes with everything from jeans to cashmere and last for years. More versatile than fur, hipper than cashmere, cheaper than diamonds: Leather is the fairest of them all, coming in a huge variety of finishes, styles and colors. In a sense they are a romantic story telling its history: Stretch marks from giving birth, horn cuts from a fight with a predator or fellow burl, barbed wire marks from fencing, etc
For men the leather coats can never go out of fashion. Leather coats come in a variety of style, cut, and length short or long. The price of leather coat may cost around 500 to 1000$ depending on the quality of leather. Mens leather coats by designer are very expensive. But investing in leather coat is a one-time investment as leather coats last for a long time. Always make sure to first buy a basic color. Black is generally a safe choice and then shades of brown and beige. The different fabric available are hide leather, goatskin leather are to name a few.
Leather coat requires a lot of maintainence. Take proper care by storing the leather coat properly. Make sure that you hang the leather coat on a sturdy hanger supporting the shoulders and remove all items from pockets. Also always make sure to wipe off spills and dirt immediately. Over the years, leather coats have become richer and more supple and acquires a soft patina much like a well-worn glove or saddle.
Tips On maintain a leather coat
Here are a few leather storage tips will certainly help preserve the style integrity of your new coat.
– Always make sure to never clean the leather coat with a cleaner otherwise it will cause the color and texture of the coat may vary slightly from its original appearance.
– Maintain the leather garment’s shape by always hanging leather clothing on wide or padded hangers
– Leather becomes dry when stored in plastic or other non-breathable covers.
Avoid very humid and dry environments as well as direct sunlight.
– Air-dry wet or damp leather away from any direct heat source. Use leather conditioner to restore flexibility, while suede can be brushed with a terry towel to restore its original luster.
– Immediately remove all winter salt deposits from clothing by sponging with clear water.
– Air dry naturally and use a leather conditioner.
– Allow wrinkles to naturally hang out. If the leather coat must not be ironed or use the iron’s rayon setting. Create pressing clothing with heavy brown wrapping paper on the right side of the garment- a quick hand to prevents overheating and shine.
– Pass up spraying perfumes or hair sprays while wearing leather clothing and stay away from wearing pins, or using adhesive badges or tape on the garment
– Keep hair and body oil away from soiling the leather garment’s collar by wearing a scarf at the neckline.
– In a pinch, hems can be fixed with a tiny amount of rubber cement, but best results, see a leather care professional.
– Always professionally dry clean metallic leather garments to maintain their finish.
– Pre-test at-home cleaning products on an inconspicuous part of the garment before making a visible mistake.
– Professional leather cleaning is always preferred.